<$BlogMetaData$>

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Remarks I made on reading every day at the AW forum:

I don't think I've read a single book from cover to cover since early college. A lot of that is the narcolepsy, but it's partially a matter of impatience with my own writing. I pick up something and want to write about it before I've reached the end, or better yet, I want to rewrite the entire book! O.oMaybe it's a rebellion from those days in high school of never skipping ahead in a story or passing over the boring sections. I used to force myself to plod through them, and it drove me nuts. Now I can't seem to stay awake through a single chapter (again, mostly because of the sleeping disorder).That isn't to say I don't read volumes every day. I read countless magazines, newspapers, web pages and the like for at least three hours out of every twenty-four. That is how I excuse the lack of interest in finishing books.I don't think I'll ever be able to read another fiction book in its entirety until I finish one of my own. It's a self-imposed mental roadblock; sometimes I purposely skip several pages or a chapter so that I haven't really read the entire thing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home